Browsing: employment history

Finding employment records


Q: My father worked approximately nine years for the Postal Service as a rural mail carrier in the 1960s. He was employed both part time and full time, and he did not take a pay out upon leaving the post office.  How might he find out his dates of service and whether he has a deferred annuity? A: His records are stored in the National Personnel Records Center, located in St. Louis, Mo. The instructions for getting that information will be found at Once he has that information, he can complete OPM Form 1496A, Application for Deferred Retirement, available at, and…