Loan forgiveness for feds


Q: Can you tell me if applications are now available for the newly announced public service loan forgiveness option? I heard that the Office of Personnel Management was supposed to have made an announcement on this subject several weeks ago.

A: This is not an OPM program. However, when I checked with them, they informed me that you can get information about it by calling 1-800-FED-AID or visiting


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply