Special Extra Earnings for military service

Q: On www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm#2002 it states that between the years 1957 and 2001 Special Extra Earnings can be credited to your Social Security benefit for active-duty military service between the above mentioned years. Will this affect an adjustment to a CSRS annuity? My Post 56 payment was paid in full in 1986 to avoid interest payments.
A: No, it won’t.

About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply