SES and retirement


Q. What office does a Senior Executive Service employee apply to for retirement and where is the pay office located for SES personnel? Is it a different office than a regular CSRS employee who deals with the Office of Personnel Management?

A. Senior Executive Service employees are no different from other employees when it comes to retirement. They fill out the same paperwork and submit it to their servicing personnel office. Once retired, their annuity, like that of other employees, is paid out of the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, which is maintained by the Department of the Treasury and administered by OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply