Retirement offsets?


Q: I retired from the Army in 1993 with 20 years of service. I retired as warrant officer, no disability, and began collecting retired pay in 1993. In 2000, I began employment has a civilian with the Army Corps of Engineers. I have paid into Social Security since joining the military in 1973, including private-sector jobs. When I stop working, will I be able to receive my full military retirement pay, full Social Security and full civilian retirement pay, or are these connected in some way that means I would receive less.

A: Yes, you will be able to recieve your reserve retired pay, a FERS annuity based solely on your civilian service, and a Social Security benefit based on all your years of Social Security-covered employment.


About Author

Leave A Reply