Incorrect service computation date


Q: Where might I find my correct service computation date. After attending a seminar for Federal Employees Retirement System employees yesterday, I understand that the service computation date and leave date in box No. 12 may be incorrect. I went to work for a Veterans Affairs medical center in 1979, left for a few years, came back, worked one year at the post office. How can I ensure that all my years are being counted correctly? I know that my service computation date is incorrect.

A: You’ll have to sit down with a specialist in your personnel office and go over the paperwork in your OPF (Official Personnel Folder). If there is any service you performed that isn’t in the file, he or she can help you obtain it from the National Records Center.


About Author

1 Comment

Leave A Reply