Q: I retired four years ago as a state university extension service employee in the Civil Service Retirement System retirement as well as state retirement.  My health benefits were and continue to be through the state retirement system.  I now have an opportunity to work part-time for another Agriculture Department agency.  If I become a part-time employee of that agency, will it affect my CSRS benefit?

A: As a rule, the salary of your new position would be reduced by the amount of your annuity. You’ll need to check with the new agency to see if there would be an exception to this rule.


About Author

Leave A Reply