Transferring between agencies


Q. What do I need to know about going from Army civilian to Department of Homeland Security civilian?  I recently went from Navy to Army and nobody told me I had to restart all of my insurances and TSP, so I am wondering how painful this is going to be?

A. It shouldn’t be painful at all. You’ll simply be transferring your enrollments, which usually can be done on the day you process into your new agency.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply