Civil service retirement, but not drawing yet


Q. I have more than 30 years of federal civil service (CSRS offset) and am 57 years old. I am also a part-time member of the Air Force Reserve. I will be leaving my present federal civil service job but not starting my retirement. I am looking for another full-time federal job. What happens to my records while I am looking for other federal employment and not employed as a full-time federal worker?

A. They will be sent OPM’s Retirement Services and Management Group in Boyers, Pa., where they can be retrieved when you get another federal job or apply for a deferred annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply