Q. Am I entitled to any annuity pay or retirement pay from the federal government? I was employed from July 1, 1989 until June 30, 2000 under FERS.

A. If you left and you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you would be entitled to a deferred annuity at age 62. That annuity would be based on your years and full months of service and your highest three consecutive years of average salary on the day you left government. If you did take a refund, you wouldn’t be entitled to anything.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply