Q. I am a federal employee working in Washington state. Can you tell me how many years I would have to work in a state job in order to qualify for a second retirement?

A. No I can’t tell you that. This is a site dedicated to answering questions about federal benefits. You’ll have to get that information from the state where you hope to be employed.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply