Credit for nonappropriated fund service


Q: I worked for NAF from 1972 to 1983 as a full-time permanent employee and accepted a civil service position in 1983 without a break in service for more than three days. I am enrolled in CSRS. I got credit for these years for leave purposes but not for retirement. Is there any way to get credit for these 11 years for retirement?

A: The deadline for making an election to get credit for that time was Aug. 11, 1997. However, you might still be eligible if you meet the criteria for a waiver. For more information, go to


About Author

Leave A Reply