Repaying Peace Corps money


Q. I have been working for 40 years in the government.   I am trying to get my information together in order to prepare my retirement papers.  I was in the Peace Corps for three years and would like to add those years to my 40 years of government service.  I understand I will have to pay back the money I received as a volunteer in the Peace Corps ($75 a month, with interest).  I would like to know what procedures do I follow in order to get the information I need in order to pay back the money I received.

A. Start by reading the information at, then scroll down and, with together with your agency, follow the procedures found in Part 21A4.



About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply