Requesting an increase in disability?


Q: I am a 53-year-old federal employee/military veteran. I am receiving a CSRS retirement annuity based on a job-related disability. How does one apply for an increase in the annuity based on the severity of the disability?

A: CSRS disability retirement annuities are calculated in the same way as they are for regular retirees. Therefore, they cannot be increased or decreased based on the severity of a disability.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply