FERS annuity


Q.  I retired at 54 under the Voluntary Early Retirement Authority  and am eligible for the supplement at 56, which is two months away. Since I been in the FERS retirement system for two years, will my special supplement start automatically or do I have to apply for it? If it does start automatically, about what time frame can I expect notification from the OPM about the change in my annuity, or will they just start it and will need to keep checking my account?

A. You will begin receiving the special retirement supplement automatically. I have no idea when OPM will notify you of that fact


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply