Retired pay


Q: I retired from the Navy in 2001 after 24 years of service. I went to work as a civil servant for the State Department in 2002 and will retire from there with 20 years of service at age 66. Will I be able to draw military, civil service and Social Security?

A: Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply