Employee contributions


Q: After 42 years of government service under CSRS, do you continue to pay the employee contribution into your retirement each payday? If so, what happens with that money when you retire?

A: Yes, you will continue to have retirement contributions deducted from your salary. When you retire, you’ll be offered a choice. You can either get a refund of those excess contributions or use them to buy additional annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply