ICTAP location


Q: I live in Minneapolis but for the past few years have worked in Madison, Wis. I rent a room during the week and return home to Minneapolis on weekends. My agency is going through a reduction in force. Will my Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligibility apply to my home area of Minneapolis, my office location in Madison, or both?

A: Your position of record will determine your competitive area for RIF purposes. If your permanent location is Madison, that’s where your eligibility will be. If it’s in Minneapolis and you are either on temporary duty or some other kind of temporary assignment, it will be in Minneapolis.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply