Military credit


Q. I submitted the paperwork to Army’s Defense Finance and Accounting Services via fax several months ago. I have not received the amount that I have to pay back to receive credit for the 16 years, seven days of military service from March 19, 1969, to March 25, 1985. I am a civil service employee. Is there a contact number at DFAS, or an email address with which I can follow up on this? I am currently assigned to Okinawa, Japan. I have asked my personnel office in Redstone Arsenal, Ala., but have not received an answer yet.

A. You can get in touch with them by mail at the following address:

DFAS – Indianapolis Center

Army Military Pay Operations

Attn: Verifications Section (Estimated Earnings)

8899 E. 56th St.

Indianapolis, IN 46249-2813

Or phone them at 317-510-2813.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply