CSRS retirement


Q. I worked for the Postal Service from 1973 to 1983, and when I left I withdrew my CSRS retirement money.  I went to work for D.C. Public Schools as an administrative aide from 1999 to 2009. I was RIF in 2009.  I was under a 401a retirement plan and Social Security.  I will be 62 in May.  I want to know is there anyway I can repay or redeposit the  money back into CSRS retirement other than getting a federal government job and working for three years, to receive annuity?

A. No, there isn’t.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply