Savings statement error?


Q. I am a federal employee under CSRS. I started in August 1978. On my leave and earnings statement under cumulative retirement, it is only showing $51,067.73 for 33 years of service. I think there should be more. Is there any way to find out?

A. If you have only worked for one agency, you can ask your payroll office to check it out for you. If you worked for more than one agency, you’ll have to go to the National Personnel Records Center at, where records of your prior service may have been sent.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply