Re-enrolling in FEHB


Q. If I were to resign from my current position at age 59 with 17 years of service and accept a position with a parish/county government, will I be able to re-enroll in the Federal Employees Health Benefits program when I apply for my retirement benefits at age 62?

A. No. Deferred retirees cannot re-enroll in FEHB.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply