Recrediting unused sick leave


Q. I am a FERS employee who separated in January 2001 with a sick leave balance. I returned to federal employment as a presidential appointee. When I retire, will I receive credit for the sick leave balance I had when I separated in 2001?

A. Yes, the unused sick leave balance will be recredited to you.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply