Early retirement


Q. I’m a disabled veteran and have complications with attendance and postal duties. I have 32-plus years of service at age 52. Is there any way that I can get my FERS annuity before my minimum retirement age, which is 56 without applying for FERS disability?

A. The only way for you to retire before your MRA — other than on disability — is if your agency were to offer you an opportunity to retire early.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply