Husband's Postal Service pension


Q. I am writing in regards to my husband’s Postal Service pension. He passed away 10 years ago at the age of 75. I’m now 84 and questioning whether I could be entitled to his pension for the time he served?

A. You wouldn’t be entitled to a survivor benefit; however, if he didn’t take a refund of his retirement contributions, you would be entitled to receive those. To find out, write to the Office of Personnel Management, Retirement Services and Management Group, P.O. Box 655, Boyers, PA 16017-0045. Be sure to provide them with you deceased spouse’s full name, date of birth, Social Security number and the location at which he worked.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply