Wildland firefighter credit


Q. Federal wildland firefighters receive extra credit for their service. I was a seasonal wildland firefighter during the summers of 1960-64 in Montana and Idaho. This was before these positions were classified at the higher level. I plan to retire from Civil Service employment this year (age 71). Can I apply (and how do I?) for credit under this provision?

A. The best way to find out is to complete a copy of Standard Form 2803 (CSRS) or 3108 (FERS), available at www.opm.gov, click on Find Form(s) and send it to the address on the form.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply