Payback of retirement contributions


Q. In 1985, after 16 years of federal service with the Department of Defense, I withdrew all my retirement contributions. I am now 64. How can I compute the amount of payback necessary to draw a pension, or is that possible?

A. It would be possible only if you returned to work for the federal government.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply