Applying National Guard time to federal time


Q. I was on extended duty for the reserves. It was active duty, Green ID card-title 10 with the National Guard. Can I apply that time to my current federal time for annual leave purposes? If so, what form should I use?

A. National Guard service isn’t creditable for any federal civilian purpose unless you were called to active duty in the service of the United States. Your agency will have to determine if any of your service is creditable by following the procedures in


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply