Severance pay


Q. I am 59 with 23 years of civilian service under FERS. My organization gave me a management-directed reassignment outside this area (from Virginia to Kansas). I was given 10 calendar days to agree to move or be involuntarily separated through no fault of my own. Am I eligible for severance pay?

A. Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply