Early-out money and refunds


Q. Can early-out money be used to pay back refunded money? Since the Office of Personnel Management sends you the option either to buy time back or not, you would have the early-out money in hand.

A. Yes, you can redeposit the amount you owe prior to the final adjudications of your claim by OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply