Annual leave and prior federal service


Q. I worked for the Department of Justice for 18 months, then transferred to the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have served three years of federal service. Am I entitled to begin receiving six hours of annual leave per pay period, or did my service time start over when I transferred?

A. Yes. Your prior service time transferred with you.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply