Taxes and Medicare Part A and B


Q. I turned 65 in April and enrolled into Medicare Part A and B, for which I am paying $99.90 a month for Part B. I was subcontracted through an agency back to my former employer. They are taking Medicare tax out of my check, while I am enrolled into Medicare. Is there a way to have them stop taking the tax out of my paycheck or a tax credit?

A. No.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply