Pension from Signal Corps


Q. I worked as a civil service employee for the Signal Corps, Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, from 1961 to 1966. Would I be entitled to any kind of pension?

A. If retirement contributions were taken from your pay, you left those contributions in the retirement fund when you left and you had worked full-time for at least five years, you’d be eligible for a deferred annuity at age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply