FERS special retirement supplement


Q. When retiring under 30 years/MRA under FERS, can the 30 years’ creditable federal service needed to qualify to receive the FERS special retirement supplement include years employed by the federal government under CSRS and/or military service or do the 30 years need to be FERS employment only?

A. The special retirement supplement is based solely on the time that you were a FERS employee.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply