FEHB and retirement coverage


Q. My husband and I are federal civilian employees. I have been covered under his FEHBP for many years. Do I need to move it over to my own coverage for my last five years of government service?

A. No. You need only to be covered by the FEHB program, not enrolled in it.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply