Retirement benefits for IPA work


Q. I was an IPA (Interagency Personnel Act) for the Air Force from 2003-2006. I then left my position with the University of Central Florida in 2006 and accepted a full-time GS-13 position with the Air Force, where I continue. Can I get retirement credit for the three years as an IPA?

A. Not that I’m aware of. However, ask one of the benefits specialists in your office. If they don’t know, they can bump it up the line and, if necessary, check with OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply