Where does military buyback money go?


Q. I am buying back three years of active-duty military service for retirement and am wondering what the government does with the money and interest it gets from the buyback of service time.

A. It goes into the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply