Marriage and retirement application


Q. I am getting ready to retire in two to four years. I was divorced in 2000 and need to know what type of documentation I will need. In a Sept. 17 article, you indicated that some of the problem areas included failure to answer the court order question.”

A. When you fill out your retirement application, you’ll need to check the box under Marital Information and attach a certified copy of the court order(s) and any amendments. You’ll find that box in Section E of the SF 2801 (CSRS) and Section C of the 3107 (FERS).


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply