Special retirement supplement


Q. I am a FERS retiree who retired Sept. 30 on an early-out. I will turn 56 (my minimum retirement age) on Jan. 30. Do I have to apply for the FERS Social Security supplement, or will OPM begin sending it automatically?

A. You don’t need to apply for the special retirement supplement. Payment of it will be automatic and included in your annuity payment.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply