Deferred annuity


Q. With five years of federal civilian service and eight years of military paid for, if I left federal service, would I be able to apply for the MRA+10 retirement option when I reached that age, since that would be more than 10 years? Or would it just be a deferred annuity at 62 that I would be eligible for?

A. Age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply