Earnings test


Q. I turn 56 in August. Is the earnings test calculated from Jan. 1 or after my birthday?

A. The Office of Personnel Management only reduces the special retirement supplement of FERS retirees after it is notified by the Social Security Administration. Give them a call at 1-800-772-1213.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply