Q. I have been mobilized on active duty with the military. If the Department of Justice allows for early retirement while I am mobilized, can I seek Voluntary Early Retirement Authority once my activation is over? If so, what is the window of time?

A. Only if you have returned to your civilian position, the offer applies to that position, and you retire within the time period that the VERA is being offered.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply