Special retirement supplement


Q. Do you receive your special retirement supplement in your first check after retirement? I am retiring with my minimum retirement age and 31 years of service?

A. No, you won’t receive the special retirement supplement until your annuity is finalized. Then you’ll receive a retroactive payment for the SRS you should have received and any additional annuity that you are owed for the time you were receiving interim pay.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply