WEP recalculation?


Q. I am receiving Social Security reduced by the windfall elimination provision. I am collecting Canada Pension Plan for 10 years of employment with no Social Security for that time. I am continuing to work at age 70 and plan to continue doing so. At the end of this year, I will have 30 years of substantial Social Security earnings. Will they then do a recalculation and give me back the windfall amount, or am I stuck with the deduction forever?

A. No, they won’t. What you got is what you get.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply