Survivor annuity


Q. My husband is a retired CSRS annuitant. If he is admitted to a nursing home on Medicaid and his monthly check is given to Medicaid, will I still be eligible to receive my share of his annuity upon his death, and will I be able to continue to receive health insurance from FEHB?

A. Yes, as long as he elected a survivor benefit for you and you are covered under the self and family option of his Federal Employees Health Benefits plan.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply