VSIP eligibility


Q. With 20 years of federal civilian employment at age 50, would I be eligible for Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay if it’s offered? I am under FERS.

A. Yes, because anyone who is offered a VSIP can accept it, whether or not he is eligible to retire. In your case, you have the years and service to both accept the payment and retire.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply