Retirement and change in citizenship


Q. My husband and I each receive a CSRS retirement. If we become citizens of another country, what happens to our CSRS retirement? Do we continue to retain this retirement income?

A. Yes, unless you move to one of the blocked countries, such as North Korea.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply