CSRS pension, Social Security and employment


Q. I retired from the Social Security Administration in 2002 with 32 years of service under CSRS. I didn’t work long enough in the private sector to qualify for Social Security at age 62. I’m 63 now and would like to work part-time. Am I still subject to possible offset of my pension if I qualify for Social Security, and are there limits to how much I’m allowed to earn?

A. Going to work would not affect your annuity, regardless of how much you earned.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply