Special retirement supplement


Q. I work for Customs and Border Protection. I am 59 years and eight months old with 20 years and three months of service. If I retire ASAP, can I receive the special retirement supplement?

A. You wouldn’t receive the special retirement supplement because you’d be retiring under the MRA+10 provision. No one who retires under that provision can.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply