Lost life insurance info


Q. I am retired CSRS. I elected two life insurance options upon retirement and elected beneficiaries. I have lost all of the paperwork involving the life insurance. I need to get copies of the insurance that I elected and the beneficiaries stated. Is there a phone number or website that I can contact to get the info?

A. Call the Office of Personnel Management’s Retirement Operations Center at 724-794-2005. This is where your retirement file is located. They are less busy if you call when they first open at 7:30 a.m. or after 4 p.m. They are open until 7:30 p.m. daily.

The staff will research your records and send you a copy. Note: There is also a toll-free number: 1-888-767-6738. However, it is constantly busy unless you call before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply